- The intracellular dynamics team aims to develop reduction methods for multi-scale systems and apply them to understand molecular dynamics underlying enzyme kinetics, pharmacokinetics, cancer immunotherapy, and circadian rhythms.
- The intercellular dynamics team aims to develop inference methods for dynamic cellular networks and apply them to uncover structures underlying various biological networks.
- The systemic dynamics team aims to develop digital medicine for sleep disorders based on health-wearable devices via mathematical modeling and machine learning.
In BIMAG, researchers can investigate mathematical theories, collaborate with various experimental groups, invite international visitors and organize regular international workshops. Currently, BIMAG researchers collaborate with >20 experimental labs.
The Senior Researcher positions are available for individuals who have research experience for 5 years or more after their Ph. D. The appointment is initially for two years and can be extended for three more years after reviews of the research performance.
The Postdoctoral Research Associate positions are available for individuals within the first five years after obtaining their Ph.D. at the date of appointment or expecting to obtain a Ph.D. within three months from the appointment date. The appointment is initially for two years and can be extended for one more year after reviews of the research performance.
All positions do not have any teaching duties. BIMAG offers internationally competitive salaries (starting annual salary>KRW 55,000,000), travel funds, and benefits (medical insurance, travel insurance, and retirement funds). Furthermore, IBS has a childcare facility, dormitory, and family housing for researchers. The expected appointment date is mid-March, 2022, but it can be adjusted. Successful candidates should have experience in mathematical modeling or data analysis of biological systems.
A complete application packet should include:
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications and preprints (PDF format)
- Research statement (PDF format)
- Consent to Collection and Use of Personal Information (PDF file)
- At least 1 recommendation letters (3 letters are recommended)
For full consideration, applicants should email items 1, 2, and 3 and arrange their recommendation letters emailed to email@example.com by Feb 28, 2022. Recommendations letters forwarded by an applicant will not be considered.
BIMAG encourages applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Support Systems for International Researchers
Roughly one-third of all researchers at IBS are from overseas. These international researchers have three support options to adapt to life in Korea.
- IBS supplies a 24/7 service called the Global Help Desk, which offers personalized help via email and phone.
- IBS has its own support website called “Living in Korea”.
- We have several staffs who help with work and non-work situations.
For more information on these support options, please see the related page on Living in Korea at https://centers.ibs.re.kr/html/living_en/overview/support.html